In this module, facility mangers will receive a general overview of each of the major building systems to identify when building equipment is being serviced properly, and better understand how to manage the personnel who attend the building equipment.
After you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Identify areas exterior to a building that should be part of a building site’s maintenance plan.
- Identify the design, installation, and maintenance requirements for a roofing system.
- Describe what needs to be maintained in order to maximize capabilities of HVAC systems.
- Describe ways to maintain a facility’s electrical system.
- Understand strategies that help address plumbing system problems.
- Understand how to properly maintain fire protection systems.
- Identify what activities will help maintain telecommunications equipment and software.
- Describe how to enforce the proper use of elevators (lifts) and escalators.
- Identify the six key areas to maintain for a building’s interior system.