Sustainability Facility Professional™
Become a leader in developing sustainable FM strategies
IFMA’s SFP® is an assessment-based certificate program delivering a specialty credential in sustainability. By earning your SFP credential, you will develop and gain recognition for your expertise in sustainable FM practices while impacting your organization's economic, environmental and social bottom lines. Watch a short video about how the SFP can help you.
How do I earn the SFP?
The Sustainability Facility Professional® is the only tool you’ll need to earn your SFP credential in one complete program. This interactive program will teach the knowledge, skills and tools needed to develop sustainable facility management practices and also includes the final SFP assessments required to earn the SFP credential.
Date: Thursday, August 31st from 12:00 - 12:30 PM CST Cost: Free
Join IFMA credentialing experts and FM professionals from around the globe on Thursday, August 31st from 12:00 - 12:30 PM CST for a free online information session. Learn how the Sustainability Facility Professional® (SFP®) credential and training program can inspire innovative ideas to help you advance your career, improve the ongoing efficiency of your facility, and impact your organization's triple bottom line.
What Will You Learn? Join our session and you'll come away with answers to these questions:
~ What is the SFP credential?
~ Why should I pursue the SFP?
~ What will I learn?
~ How has it helped other FMs?
~ How do I earn the SFP?
Benefits of the SFP
Why pursue the SFP credential?
- Learn to use knowledge-based and data-driven methods to develop valuable solutions.
- Rise to the challenge of balancing sustainability and the corporate mission.
- Impact your organization’s triple bottom line; economic, ecological and social growth and stability.
- Gain a competitive advantage as an informed champion, partner and steward of the built environment.
- Join an exclusive network of like-minded professionals that have achieved their SFP credential.
- Earn LEED Maintenance CE credits: LEED professionals can earn 70 general continuing education hours upon completion of the SFP program.
- Earn IFMA-issued CEUs and CFM Maintenance Points. Learn more.
Why should employers support the SFP?
- Gain staff that can effectively plan, implement and measure the return on sustainable FM best practices.
- Improve the indoor environment, reduce fuel and resource-use, have a minimal impact on the environment, and ultimately improve the triple bottom line.
- The IFMA SFP Credential Program teaches and tests relevant, practical content developed by world-class and globally diverse sustainable facility management experts and practitioners.
- Save time and money by using IFMA’s training materials and interactive online study tools as the basis of your sustainability training program. Corporate/group training options and discounts are available.
- Create a shared baseline of knowledge throughout your team.
- The SFP credential is an unbiased measure of the baseline of sustainability FM knowledge held by a current or potential employee.
- Demonstrate to internal stakeholders and external clients your staff’s competence and commitment to sustainable practices.
- Self Study: 3
- Instructor Led: 7
CFM Maintenance points:
- Self Study: 30
- Instructor Led: 70