Increase your skillset, build credibility, gain a competitive edge, network with other FM professionals. IFMA’s FMP is for facility management professionals, those who work with FM’s and those who work in related industries seeking to advance in the FM field. It’s an opportunity to develop the knowledge and skills that facility management employers are demanding while proving to your current and prospective employers that your abilities meet or exceed industry-wide standards.
The IFMA FMP Credential Program offers a single source for learning about the FM profession, gaining the skills demanded by employers, and earning the FMP credential. The program consists of learning modules, interactive online study tools and FMP final assessments.
The FMP program consists of four knowledge domains that have been updated to align with the results of the IFMA global job task analysis and are deemed critical to the foundation of knowledge required of facility managers. Here are the four knowledge domains which make up our FMP courses. View the course summary and table of contents for more information about each course.
- Operations and Maintenance
- Project Management
- Finance and Business
- Leadership and Strategy
The four knowledge domains are available in an independent eLearning format. Topics presented in a concise, easy-to-understand format. Independent eLearning means you have everything you need online to take and pass your course.
Interactive Online Study Tools
Access the interactive online study tools for one (1) year when you purchase an individual course, or two (2) years when you purchase the entire 4-course program. Online study tools include:
- Facility Management Introduction - an overview video of the FM industry.
- A pre-test for each course to assess initial knowledge and guide studies.
- Course-specific quizzes to measure comprehension and ability to apply concepts.
- Immediate feedback and correct-answer rationales on all chapter quizzes.
- Case studies for real-world application. • Flashcards and glossary for review of key terms and definitions.
- Scorecard report to track progress in pre-test, chapter quizzes and final assessments.
FMP Final Assessments
- An online FMP final assessment follows each course and can be completed when and where your schedule allows.
- Final Assessment passing scores and times to take the assessment vary by course. Please review the table carefully.
|Course Title||Amount of Questions to Answer Correctly to Pass||Total Amount of Questions on the Assessment||Amount of Time to Take the Assessment|
|Finance and Business||24||31||80 minutes|
|Leadership and Strategy||22||28||70 minutes|
|Operations and Maintenance||30||39||100 minutes|
|Project Management||27||48||120 minutes|
- You get 3 attempts to pass the Final Assessment. If you don’t pass on your 3rd attempt, your final assessment will go into a 30-day hold. After the 30-days, your final assessment will become available for 3 more attempts. This process repeats until you pass your final assessment, or your course expires.
- Once you successfully complete each online FMP final assessment, it will have served its purpose and will no longer be available.
Apply for the FMP
- Successful completion of all four final assessments qualifies candidates to apply for the FMP credential.
- Candidates must submit the FMP application and payment forms through Credential Application and Maintenance Program (CAMP) to earn the FMP credential. Fees: $140 IFMA members, $250 non-members. (You will be automatically directed to the FMP application after successfully completing the four FMP final assessments.)
The independent eLearning includes learning modules, interactive study tools, and the final assessments to give you the freedom to complete your studies and earn the FMP credential at your convenience. Independent eLearning means you have everything you need online to take and pass your course.
- Complete the program at your own pace.
- Study when and where your schedule allows.
- Develop an individualized study plan.
- Avoid travel expenses and time away from work.
The instructor-led courses combine the IFMA FMP Credential Program’s print and online components with the leadership of a qualified instructor. Courses are also available through approved providers such as colleges and universities or partner associations. View a complete list of instructor-led courses.
Instructor-led course benefits:
- Take advantage of company/employee tuition reimbursement programs with college/university courses.
- Learn from instructors and colleagues who have a variety of industry experiences to share.
- Avoid procrastination and stay on track with weekly assignments and classroom expectations.
- Discuss and clarify difficult topics in a live or virtual classroom forum.
If there are multiple training candidates within your organization or if you have organized a group of coworkers or friends who would like to prepare for and earn the FMP credential, IFMA offers the corporate/group training option. Take advantage of significant volume discounts when purchasing the IFMA FMP Credential Program for your group. For group implementation options and volume pricing, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or at +1-713-623-4362.
Corporate/group training benefits:
- Volume discounts available on orders of five (5) or more programs.
- Premier-quality, turn-key training tools are available to your staff within minutes of placing your order.
- Self-study and instructor-led training options provide customized, consistent training to your local or global team. IFMA can even help you find a certified instructor for on-site or online training.
- Online tracking tools allow you to monitor your staff's performance, identify strengths and weaknesses, and ensure you are generating a high return on your investment.