Increase your skillset, build credibility, gain a competitive edge, network with other FM professionals. IFMA’s FMP is for facility management professionals, those who work with FM’s and those who work in related industries seeking to advance in the FM field. It’s an opportunity to develop the knowledge and skills that facility management employers are demanding while proving to your current and prospective employers that your abilities meet or exceed industry-wide standards.
Who should become an FMP?
IFMA’s Facility Management Professional (FMP) designation is a knowledge-based credential that will help to accelerate an FM's transition into the profession and demonstrate a proven comprehension of the foundations of facility management. It is ideal for:
- Facility management practitioners looking to increase their depth-of-knowledge in the foundational FM topics deemed critical by employers.
- Individuals who are transitioning into the FM profession.
- Related-industry practitioners such as architects, designers and safety engineers.
- Facility-related product and service providers.
- Students entering the profession from colleges, universities, certificate or technical programs.
- LEED professionals seeking continuing education hours.
- Federal employees and contractors looking to comply with the Federal Buildings Personnel Training Act (FBPTA).
Steps to achieve the FMP credential
- Order the IFMA FMP Credential Program.
- Review the Facility Management Introduction, a video overview of the FM industry.
- Read the study materials (using printed books or eLearning modules) and complete the online interactive study tools for each course to enhance your skills and knowledge.
- Complete the four online FMP final assessments with a passing score.
- Submit your FMP application (with application fee) to IFMA to validate your FMP credential. (You will be automatically directed to the FMP application after successfully completing the four FMP final assessments.)
- All certificate packets are shipped using local mail service. International deliveries may take up to 60 days. If you would like your certificate packet to be shipped with tracking, there is a $75 shipping fee. The FMP certificate shipping fee with tracking form found in the Candidate’s CAMP (Credentials Application and Maintenance Program) record, must be completed and submitted with the application and app fee, in order for the packet to be shipped with tracking.
Ready to Order?
IFMA has been accredited as an Authorized provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).