Facility Management Professional™
Earn the must-have FMP credential
IFMA’s Facility Management Professional (FMP) designation is a knowledge-based credential for FM professionals and industry suppliers looking to increase their depth-of-knowledge in the core FM topics deemed critical by employers. By earning the must-have FMP credential, you will join over 7,200 professionals worldwide who have improved their knowledge, enhanced their skills, and gained immediate credibility with employers, clients and peers. Watch a short video of what current FMPs are saying.
How do I earn the FMP?
The IFMA FMP Credential Program is the only tool you’ll need to earn your FMP credential. The program will help you gain a solid understanding of the facility management profession, develop the knowledge and skills demanded by employers and, ultimately, earn the FMP credential!
Want to know more about IFMA's FMP® credential? Watch a webinar to learn more
Ready to Order
IFMA is an ANSI-Accredited Certificate Issuer - Accreditation #1057. IFMA is accredited to issue the FMP and SFP Certificate to those successfully completing the FMP and SFP Certificate Program by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) under ANSI/ASTM E2659-09. ANSI is the official U.S. representative to the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). ANSI accreditation is nationally and internationally recognized as a mark of quality. It assures companies, customers and the general public that a certificate holder has completed the prescribed course of study in a manner that represents the best in quality education and training.
Why pursue the FMP credential?
- The FMP can help you gain a competitive advantage and improve your job performance through education and recognition.
- Build practical skills you can apply to your job immediately, resulting in cost-savings and added value to your organization.
- Earn professional credibility and recognition from current and potential employers, clients, work teams and peers.
- Earn LEED Maintenance CE credits: LEED Professionals can earn 60 general continuing education hours upon completion of the full FMP program or 15 hours per individual course.
- Earn IFMA-issued CEUs. Learn more.
Why should employers support the FMP?
- Establish a common foundation of knowledge and vocabulary throughout your team.
- Ensure the competency and professionalism of your employees.
- Contribute to your organization's competitive advantage.
- Improve staff retention and loyalty with a proven commitment to employee growth and career advancement.
- Inspire your staff to strive for excellence.
- Corporate/group training options and discounts are available. More information.
- Self Study: 3.8
- Instructor Led: 7.8
CFM Maintenance points: 0