Facility Management Professional™
Earn the must-have FMP credential
IFMA’s Facility Management Professional (FMP®) designation is a knowledge-based credential for FM professionals and industry suppliers looking to increase their depth-of-knowledge in the core FM topics deemed critical by employers. By earning the must-have FMP credential, you will join over 10,000 professionals worldwide who have improved their knowledge, enhanced their skills, and gained immediate credibility with employers, clients and peers.
Want to know more about IFMA's FMP® credential? Watch a webinar to learn more
How do I earn the FMP?
The IFMA FMP Credential Program is the only tool you’ll need to earn your FMP® credential. The FMP® Credential Program is made up of the four (4) core FM topics deemed critical by employers:
1. IFMA's Operations & Maintenance Course
2. IFMA's Finance & Business Course
3. IFMA's Leadership & Strategy Course
4. IFMA's Project Management Course
After successful completion of the modules and 4 final assessments, the student can submit the FMP® Application and payment form to attain the FMP® credential.
Ready to Order
IFMA is an ANSI-Accredited Certificate Issuer - Accreditation #1057. IFMA is accredited to issue the FMP and SFP Certificate to those successfully completing the FMP and SFP Certificate Program by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) under ANSI/ASTM E2659-09. ANSI is the official U.S. representative to the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). ANSI accreditation is nationally and internationally recognized as a mark of quality. It assures companies, customers and the general public that a certificate holder has completed the prescribed course of study in a manner that represents the best in quality education and training.
Why pursue the FMP credential?
- NEW BENEFIT!: Digital Badge for safe online recognition & instant verification.**
- The average five-year return on investment of IFMA credentials is 15:1 for credential holders*
- On average, IFMA credentials lead to a US$6,000 salary increase within the first year*
- Internationally recognized and industry-trusted for almost 15 years, the FMP goes where you go
- IFMA is an ANSI Accredited Program Certificate Issuer – Accreditation Number 1057
- No pre-requisites and no renewal costs. Once earned, you’re an FMP for life!
- The FMP is brought to you by IFMA, a non-profit organization that grows by empowering facility professionals worldwide
Why should employers support the FMP?
- Establish a common foundation of knowledge and vocabulary throughout your team.
- Ensure the competency and professionalism of your employees.
- Contribute to your organization's competitive advantage.
- Improve staff retention and loyalty with a proven commitment to employee growth and career advancement.
- Inspire your staff to strive for excellence.
- Corporate/group training options and discounts are available.
- Finance and Business: 1.5
- Leadership and Strategy: 1.4
- Operations and Maintenance: 1.5
- Project Management: 1.3
CFM Maintenance points: 0
*According to the IFMA sponsored research report, “Evaluating the Value: International Facility Management Association (IFMA) Facility Management Credentials”.
** Learn more about IFMA’s digital badges at http://www.ifma.org/professional-development/digital-credential-badges