Facility Management Professional™
Earn the must-have FMP credential
IFMA’s Facility Management Professional (FMP) designation is a knowledge-based credential for FM professionals and industry suppliers looking to increase their depth-of-knowledge in the core FM topics deemed critical by employers. By earning the must-have FMP credential, you will join over 10,000 professionals worldwide who have improved their knowledge, enhanced their skills, and gained immediate credibility with employers, clients and peers. Watch a short video of what current FMPs are saying.
How do I earn the FMP?
The IFMA FMP Credential Program is the only tool you’ll need to earn your FMP credential. The program will help you gain a solid understanding of the facility management profession, develop the knowledge and skills demanded by employers and, ultimately, earn the FMP credential!
Ready to Order
IFMA is an ANSI-Accredited Certificate Issuer - Accreditation #1057. IFMA is accredited to issue the FMP and SFP Certificate to those successfully completing the FMP and SFP Certificate Program by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) under ANSI/ASTM E2659-09. ANSI is the official U.S. representative to the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). ANSI accreditation is nationally and internationally recognized as a mark of quality. It assures companies, customers and the general public that a certificate holder has completed the prescribed course of study in a manner that represents the best in quality education and training.
Why pursue the FMP credential?
- NEW BENEFIT!: Digital Badge for safe online recognition & instant verification.**
- The average five-year return on investment of IFMA credentials is 15:1 for credential holders*
- On average, IFMA credentials lead to a US$6,000 salary increase within the first year*
- Internationally recognized and industry-trusted for almost 15 years, the FMP goes where you go
- IFMA is an ANSI Accredited Program Certificate Issuer – Accreditation Number 1057
- No pre-requisites and no renewal costs. Once earned, you’re an FMP for life!
- The FMP is brought to you by IFMA, a non-profit organization that grows by empowering facility professionals worldwide
Why should employers support the FMP?
- Establish a common foundation of knowledge and vocabulary throughout your team.
- Ensure the competency and professionalism of your employees.
- Contribute to your organization's competitive advantage.
- Improve staff retention and loyalty with a proven commitment to employee growth and career advancement.
- Inspire your staff to strive for excellence.
- Corporate/group training options and discounts are available.
- Finance and Business: 1.5
- Leadership and Strategy: 1.4
- Operations and Maintenance: 1.5
- Project Management: 1.3
CFM Maintenance points: 0
*According to the IFMA sponsored research report, “Evaluating the Value: International Facility Management Association (IFMA) Facility Management Credentials”.
** Learn more about IFMA’s digital badges at http://www.ifma.org/professional-development/digital-credential-badges